[sane-devel] Question about infrared on my LS-4000

Mylan Connolly mr.mylanman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:49:46 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I am attempting to automate some things in my slide scanning, and
decided to look into SANE.

Essentially I am using the following command with success (wrapped
within a script):

scanimage --load --format=tiff --resolution=4000
--preview-resolution=90 --ae-wb=yes -pd coolscan3:scsi:/dev/sg2 >
/home/mylan/Pictures/scan.tif

(the filename is just a placeholder)

I tried getting --infrared=yes to work, however no matter what I tried
(including setting up --batch-count=2 and other things like that), it
would not work.  It kept giving me the error:

scanimage: attempted to set inactive option infrared

I'd appreciate any insight into this.  Thank you very much!