[sane-devel] MP600R doesn't work

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Thu Aug 30 08:05:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 00:58 +0200, Frode V. Fjeld wrote:
> I have been able to get my Pixma MP600R to work with xsane over the wlan
> at various times before, but after upgrading to the latest ubuntu
> recently I can't get it to work anymore.
>
> I've pulled the latest git sources for sane-backend and built and
> installed it:
>
> $ scanimage -V
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24git; backend version 1.0.24
>

> The scanner is usually detected fine (although usually at the second
> attempt):
>
> $ scanimage -L
> device `pixma:MP600R_printer' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MP600R multi-function peripheral
>

> However any actual scanning always fails, apparently the scanner reports
> 0 bytes available at some point, and then there's no progress from there
> on. Any clues?
I will have a look at this when I get some time. I have seen this once
on my own scanner, but thought that the latest git version fixed it.
This could be a timing issue that shows up on wlan only (I use a wired
network connection).  Just to be sure: did you power off/on the scanner?
It looks as if the protocol stack in Canon devices get confused
sometines.....

regards,
Louis