[sane-devel] scanimage + Canon + Mac OS X = poor resolution

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sat Dec 1 05:46:01 UTC 2012

I have a Canon LiDE30 scanner which gives high-resolution images when I use it with an old Mac running the CanoScan Toolbox.  But when I use it on a new Mac running Mac OS X 10.8 and SANE, with the scanimage command-line tool, I get an very poor resolution of about 2.1 pixels/mm (55 pixels/inch).

Here is my command:

scanimage -d plustek:libusb:001:003-04a9-220e-ff-00 -x 220 -y 280 -B -p --mode=Gray --format=tiff > "/Users/jk/Documents/NewScansIn/Pretty Picture.tiff"

I don't see any options in man scanimage to control resolution.  Is there some other way I can fix it?

Thank you,

Jerry Krinock