[sane-devel] Problem compiling scanbd (unkown type u_int8_t)

Alexander Tomisch alex at tomisch.de
Sun Feb 5 11:00:25 UTC 2012

... ok - sometimes it is better to use google before sending a message
... so this problem was solved by adding the line

#include <linux/limits.h>

in scanbuttond/include/scanbuttond/libusbi.h before the include of usb.h

Now a second time the u_int8_t problem and the PATH_MAX problem

I added (thanks to Ruediger) in scanbuttond/interface/libusbi.c

#include <linux/limits.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

before the include of usb.h

USE_SCANBUTTOND=yes make -e clean all

runs without errors now but make install not:

[ alex at hydra] ~/scanbd/trunk (2,0G free)% make install
cc -Wall -Wextra -std=c99 -g -DLinux -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -DUSE_SANE -UUSE_SCANBUTTOND -DUSE_LIBUDEV
-c -o sane.o sane.c
cc   scanbd.o slog.o sane.o daemonize.o dbus.o udev.o  -lconfuse
-lpthread -ldbus-1 -lsane -ludev -o scanbd
scanbd.o: In function `sig_hup_handler':
/home/alex/scanbd/trunk/scanbd.c:162: undefined reference to
`stop_scbtn_threads'
[...]

complete output here: http://pastebin.com/jAVKsEDT

Alex