[sane-devel] scanbd - epson backend - undefined symbol: MAX

Alexander Tomisch alex at tomisch.de
Sun Feb 5 20:04:19 UTC 2012

Hello,

I compiled and installed scanbd on Arch Linux ARM and it works almost.

Scanbd is started through xinetd and scanning with scandb as wrapper for
saned is working.

But if I activate the epson backend (I have a Epson Perferction 640)
scanbd is starting with the following error:

/usr/local/bin/scanbd: Loading
/usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbuttond/backends/epson.so
/usr/local/bin/scanbd: Can't load
/usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbuttond/backends/epson.so:
/usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbuttond/backends/epson.so: undefined symbol: MAX
/usr/local/bin/scanbd: meta-backend: could not load 'epson'

Any hints?

The old scanbuttond compiled from source was working on my other system
some times ago (not any longer because of problems with libusb-compat)
with the epson backend.

Alex