[sane-devel] sane Nikon Coolscan Problem

Chuck Johnson caj at cjconsult.com
Thu Feb 9 17:09:54 UTC 2012

Good Afternoon (at least it is in the eastern United States <g>) --

I'm writing to you because your names are mentioned in various
connections to the sane project.  I know it's purely a volunteer effort
and I apologize for intruding on your time, so I'll be brief.

I recently hooked up my Nikon Super Coolscan LS-5000 ED and tried
scanning slides with xsane, but was blocked with "error during device
I/O."  I described all the details -- as many as I could think of,
anyway -- in message #313534 on the sane project at alioth.debian.org
(link below), but it seems that there is very little activity on the
site.  May other people have reported the same error; there doesn't seem
to be a reliable solution offered among the posts and in many cases no
response at all.

I would appreciate it if any of you could point me toward some help on
this problem.  Is alioth the only site on which to find solutions?  Is
sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
<mailto:sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org> more active than the bug page?

Many thanks, and again sorry for the intrusion.

Chuck Johnson

https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=313534&group_id=30186&atid=410366