[sane-devel] CanoScan 5600F Genesys backend

Raúl Vidal raulvior.bcn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 13:00:09 UTC 2012

I just made a capture with SniffUSB of the replugging of the device and the
scan of a little square in the middle of the plate with Canon's software.
After the sensor went back to its original position and stopped moving I
closed the log and saved it. It's about 50 MB long. Here you have it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6802765/replug-and-scan.log

As I have no Windows XP installed I had to use a virtual machine with a
spare license I had in order to be able to use SniffUSB. It's curious that
even I wasn't doing nothing with the scanner the log size kept increasing.
I don't know if that's due to being on a virtual machine or if there's some
kind of continous polling (there are big chunks of data full of zeros sent
to the scanner). I haven't examined the log thoroughly, and I should
refresh my USB knowledge to understand it completely. But in the raw
information I could appreciate some simple patterns.

Hope this helps someone.

--
Si necesitas enviarme información como pueda ser un documento de texto,
hoja de cálculo u otros, utiliza el formato OpenDocument, estándar ISO/IEC