[sane-devel] Error Message

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Feb 20 05:54:09 UTC 2012

Le dimanche 19 février 2012 15:48:30 Ron a écrit :
> Ubuntu 10.10
> Canon CanoScan LiDE 60
>
> XSane opens okay and finds scanner the okay and reports "xsane 0.997
> LiDE 60:027".
>
> Clicking on "Scan" produces an error popup that says "Falied to start
> scanner: Invalid argument" and no activity at the scanner.
>
> I have not been able to find any hint in the available help except the
> instruction to see the backend documentation.
>
> What is my backend and where would I find documentation for it?
>
> Can you suggest anything I should be checking?
>
> Ron

	Hello,

	the LiDE 60 is fully supported by the genesys backend. Does preview work
? Also, try to select an area before clicking the scan button.

	In order to provide debugging data, you could run xsane like this (see
sane and sane-genesys man pages for more details) in a shell:

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
xsane 2>debug.log

	Then send the debug.log file (compressed), so I have enough information
to see what is going on.

Regards,
	Stef