[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 4850 Development

Daniël Sonck dsonck92 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:12:30 UTC 2012

On 16-02-12 21:24, Stef wrote:

>> But even if it is in the starting position, almost every scan resolution
>> I use moves the scan head to the wrong starting position, always too far
>> resulting in a dangerous overscan (it doesn't bump however).
> 	The geometry description of the 4850 is a clone of the G4050. I has never
> been tuned since I don't have this device to test on. The value to work on are
> the one in genesys_devices.c in the hp4850 device entry:
>
>   SANE_FIX (8.0),		/* Start of scan area in mm  (x) */
>   SANE_FIX (13.00),		/* Start of scan area in mm (y) */
>   SANE_FIX (217.9),		/* Size of scan area in mm (x) 5148 pixels at 600
> dpi*/
>   SANE_FIX (315.0),		/* Size of scan area in mm (y) */
>
> The first is the amount of distance for the head to reach scan area. Decrease
> it until scan really starts at he beginning of the scan area.
>
> The second is left margin, and third the width. Tune width when margin is OK.
>
> Last field is total scanarea height. Decrease it to 250 so you get sure the
> head won't bump to the end of device. Once other values are settled, increase
> it until you get the whole area scanned.
I found the following values

  SANE_FIX (7.9),        /* Start of scan area in mm  (x) */
  SANE_FIX (5.9),        /* Start of scan area in mm (y) */
  SANE_FIX (219.6),        /* Size of scan area in mm (x) */
  SANE_FIX (314.5),        /* Size of scan area in mm (y) */

--
Groeten,

Daniël Sonck
WWW: http://dss.nl.eu.org/