[sane-devel] xsane source repositories

Michael Nagel ubuntu at nailor.devzero.de
Sat Feb 25 22:34:55 UTC 2012

Hi Ruediger,

>> I am looking for an official, public repository of the xsane source
>> code. Is there such a thing, and if yes, where is it?
> Don't think there is one - just tar balls.

In my personal opinion it's no longer up to current development/publication standards to only release tarballs nowadays for open source projects.
Therefore I'd be interested to see your repository on github (or a similarly public place).
An officially blessed/advertised repository would be even better, of course.
And the best thing (in my opinion) would be to really do the development using a distributed version control system.

Of course I cannot demand a official git repository, and if tarballs work better for the developers so be it,
but I really only see advantages with distributed version control vs. tarballs.
I'd be interested to learn any reasons speaking against version control.
If there are no counter-arguments, I think it would be a great idea to start mirroring the tarballs in a git repo and work towards making that repository official...

Best Regards
Michael