[sane-devel] Canon LIDE-110 does not scan -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Feb 26 08:26:02 UTC 2012

On 26/02/12 01:09, Stef wrote:
> Le jeudi 23 février 2012 15:51:06 Bob Goodwin a écrit :
>>
>>          I have two F-16 64bit computers and both say "no device
>>          available" when I invoke xscan. It shows up in lusb on both as:
>>
>>            Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04a9:1909 Canon, Inc. CanoScan LiDE 110
>>
>>          Any help appreciated.
>>
>>          Bob
> 	Hello,
>
> 	the LiDE 110 is supported by sane-backends 1.0.22 . Check it is
> installed, then check everything is configured as needed. Try to scan as
> 'root' for instance, to check it is only a permission problem.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

        Yes, it is only a permission problem, but where? We have not
        been able to find the answer to that question!

        Both installs were done from the Fedora-16/64 bit XFCE Live Spin
        [USB flash drive] and will work normally as root.

        Xsane will scan from user if the computer is booted from the
        flash drive but not from the same instance installed on the hard
        drive.

        The solution is probably simple enough but finding where to fix
        the permissions is not simple.

        We have spent a lot of time on this and I have about given up,
        resigned to only running xsane as root when I need the scanner.
        If you have any suggestions I will be very happy to try whatever
        you suggest ...

        Thank you for your interest,

        Bob
        .