[sane-devel] SANE scanning of documents that are ~430mm x ~280mm

Robert Whelan II rwhelanii at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:56:35 UTC 2012

new to mailing lists so I hope I did this correctly.

I am using scanimage. Here is the shell script for it (note that the
Fujitsu 6670 is the only scanner device connected):

scanner=`scanimage --formatted-device-list=%d`
dateVal=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S`
mkdir -p /images/$dateVal
touch /images/$dateVal/INPROCESS
scanimage --device-name=$scanner --batch=/images/$dateVal/out%d.tif
--format=tiff --source "ADF Duplex" --mode Gray --resolution 150
--page-width 308.824 --page-height 925.711 -t 0.0 -l 0.0
rm /images/$dateVal/INPROCESS

I have attempted it with -x 215.872 -y 279.364 (the max values listed
under Geometry) explicitly (the defaults appear to be set to that
anyway). No change.

I can send you an attachment of the scanned output, but if I had to
guesstimate, it'd be about this area scanned (o scanned area, x
non-scanned):

xxoooooox \
xxoooooox   Page 1 (half of bi-fold)
xxoooooox /
xxoooooox \
xxxxxxxxxx  Page 2 (2nd half of bi-fold)
xxxxxxxxxx /

When scanning, so that the entire form can scan I lay it sideways so
that might better explain why that particular area at the top is
missing.

I have tested the scanner using ScandAll Pro on Windows and it is able
to acquire the full image, so if I had to guess it is the upper bounds
set, but I'm not 100% sure of that.