[sane-devel] Epson Stylus SX525WD (0x4b8 0x85e)

Guido Broich guido.broich at guidobroich.it
Sun Jan 8 00:30:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I run FEDORA14 and got now an EPSON SX525WD and it is connected both via
net at 192.127.0.012 and USB. It works fine on both lines for printing,
but is not recognized by sane.

yum install
epson-inkjet-printer-stylus-tx550w-series-1.0.0-1lsb3.2.i486.rpm
is done.

I corrected epson2.conf as follows:
# epson2.conf
#
# here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON2 backend

# SCSI
scsi EPSON
# for the GT-6500:
#scsi "EPSON SC"

# Parallel port
#pio 0x278
#pio 0x378
#pio 0x3BC

# USB
usb

# For libusb support for unknown scanners use the following command
# usb <product ID> <device ID>
# e.g.:
usb 0x4b8 0x85e

# Network
#
net 192.127.0.012
#net autodiscovery

~
~

my test.log output is:
SANE_DEBUG_EPSON2=255 scanimage >test.pnm 2>test.log

is attached

some help possible?

There may be a permissione problem, I preferred to be able to reach the
printer-scanner for both tasks through the net, just to be able to use
it from two computers, but if not possible as USB from une for scanning
and as network for printing would also be fine.

thanks

guido

Guido Broich
http://www.guidobroich.it
Public PGP key ID 53A510F3 hkp://keys.gnupg.net
If you wish to send encrypted mails, send your public key ID