[sane-devel] Epson Stylus SX525WD (0x4b8 0x85e)

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Jan 9 23:19:30 UTC 2012

Guido Broich <guido.broich at guidobroich.it> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I run FEDORA14 and got now an EPSON SX525WD and it is connected both via
> net at 192.127.0.012 and USB. It works fine on both lines for printing,
> but is not recognized by sane.
>
> yum install
> epson-inkjet-printer-stylus-tx550w-series-1.0.0-1lsb3.2.i486.rpm
> is done.

FTR, that only contains the printer driver.

> I corrected epson2.conf as follows:
> # epson2.conf
> [...snip...]
>
> # For libusb support for unknown scanners use the following command
> # usb <product ID> <device ID>
> # e.g.:
> usb 0x4b8 0x85e

As the epson2 backend does not list the SW525WD as supported you will
need the line above to force recognition.  From the log, things look
fine and I would expect to be able to scan.

> # Network
> #
> net 192.127.0.012

Not sure, but the leading 0 in 012 might be problematic.  Try with
192.127.0.12 instead.

> There may be a permissione problem,

Based on the log, it is not a permission problem for the USB route.  For
the saned route there appears to be something wrong with the IP address.

FYI, the epkowa backend supports this scanner out of the box.  You can
get it here:

  http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do

Search the page for SX525WD.

Hope this helps,