[sane-devel] cannon 9000f scanner

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Sat Jul 14 18:38:09 UTC 2012

Am 13.07.2012 23:01, schrieb rod Boudreaux:
> about a year ago I was on a team that developed a backend for the cannon
> 9000f scanner. It was submitted to Sane at that time. I checked on it
> six months ago and was informed that it would be review as soon a the
> person got back from vacation. it has not been added to the package nor
> have I heard from any one.
>
> I have a copy of the dev version of the backend and have the scanner
> working on my computer running UBUNTU o/s as root. I can't be sure it is
> the version sent in. I was not the team leader he was in japan and I
> haven't heard from him since the sunomi.
>
> I would be willing to help in any way but did not follow the process
> after we got it fully working.
>
> If you need the copy  I have of the working backend  please let me know
> who to send it to.
>
> Rod

In the mean time I added several new features based on Gernot's code.

Please fetch the latest version from the git tree and test it. There is
too little feedback to be sure that the code is stable enough for the
next SANE version 1.0.23.

If you might have some ideas or patches, please send them to me. I can
commit new code to the git tree.

Cheers,
Rolf