[sane-devel] SANE network scanning?

Mike Wirth mwirth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 22:14:07 UTC 2012

Folks,

A quick search revealed the following 2004 Linux magazine article on
network scanning: ://www.linux-mag.com/id/1630/

Is there something more recent that I should read that provides an overview
and details for how to set up same?

Configuration:
Scanner: Fujitsu fi-4750c w/SCSI interface
Host machine: IBM ThinkPad T23 with full dock and SCSI card
Host OS: WinXP SP3 (but could be setup to run Linux)
Client machines: Intel and PPC Macs running latest-possible OS X, Sony Vaio
with WinXP SP3
Scanning app: probably gscan2pdf, etc.

A related question: Is there such a thing as a TWAIN to SANE bridge, so
that I can run a TWAIN-compatible app on the client, e.g., Acrobat Pro?

TIA,

Mike