[sane-devel] cannon 9000f scanner

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Mon Jul 23 20:52:47 UTC 2012

Am 22.07.2012 19:27, schrieb rod Boudreaux:
> Command returned
> pixma version 0.16.2

The command must return pixma version 0.16.4.

You need to replace your system's libsane. I provided a short howto
here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2012-July/030051.html.

I am just writing a detailed manual for installing SANE in README.linux.
I will complete and commit this during the next days. Please watch the
mailing list for a note about this.

> Snapshots gives me Sane-backendsgit20120720
>
> How do I get the 1.0.23git version

The snapshot always is 1.0.23git version, until the next release will come.

> 9600 shows up as option in xsane and saneimage.
>
> Looking at the backend code I have. It looks like the 9600 dpi may be
> listed as an option on flatbed.

The CS9000F doesn't support 9600 dpi on flatbed mode. The latest pixma
backend (0.16.4) only supports these resolutions:
 75 ... 4800 dpi @ flatbed
150 ... 4800 dpi @ 48 bit flatbed
300 ... 9600 dpi @ TPU

Cheers,