[sane-devel] Network backend and lineart mode

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Jul 28 08:46:12 UTC 2012

On 27/07/2012 23:25, Aleksandr Dezhin wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I am trying to develop another web-based interface for sane. Faced
> with a problem, and do not know how to avoid it or solve it.
>
> I have Canon LiDE 210 scanner, it works fine with genesys backend.
> Locally scanimage works in all modes: color, gray, lineart. However,
> if I scan through the network using net backend, it stops work in
> lineart mode.
>
> Scanimage freezes, until I kill the process. I attached stderr of
> scanimage --mode Lineart with SANE_DEBUG_NET=9. Process freezes after
> "[net] sane_read: reading packet length", "scanimage: received signal
> 15" appears after killall scanimage.
>
> Unfortunately I can not check whose problem it is: genesys or net
> backends. Test backend does not support lineart mode.
>
> Has anyone encountered a similar problem? How can I try solve it?
>
> Thanks.

     Hello,

     what would be handy to solve this issue, would be to run saned with
SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS environment varaible set to 255, and get the debug
messages. This way, I'll have the scan parameters given to the genesys
backend in order to test this here.
     You may try to play with 'emulated lineart' option.
     And last, what is your SANE version ? It doesn't show up in the log
file.

Regards,
     Stef