[sane-devel] gt68xx - sane_open() afrer sane_close()

Aleksandr Dezhin me at dezhin.net
Tue Jul 31 14:13:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

As I wrote, I'm trying to develop web interface for SANE. I am
developing it using Python.I do not want to lock device so that other
WSGI-proccess instances can access it. Atypical code flow is as follows:

sane_init()
sane_get_devices()

// user selected device, showing page with capabilities
sane_open(device_id)
sane_get_option_description()
sane_close()

// user requested to scan page
sane_open(device_id)
sane_control_option()
sane_start()
sane_read()
sane_cancel()
sane_close()

// program exitting
sane_exit()

Canon LiDE 210 with genesys backend or HPLIP works as expected, but
Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU Plus with gt68xx fails open_device() secondly,
after sane_close(). If I skip first open()/close() - second block works
correctly. What is this? Bug or feature?

Sorry I can not give an example of a simple program in C. If it helps I
can send a link to the repository with my application. It contains some
modified version of the python C extension from pysane.

Thanks.