[sane-devel] Two questions: ESC/P control set, and drum scanners

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Sun Jun 10 23:28:43 UTC 2012

Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Alessandro Zummo
> <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:23:45 +0900
>> Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering if there is a backend already that uses a protocol based
>>> on ESC/P command set?
>>
>>  epson2
>
> Thanks! I figured I might have to look at that one sometime, although
> I suspect it is a lot more complex than what I need right now.

The epson, epson2 and epkowa backends all support the ESC/I protocol.
The ESC/P protocol that I'm somewhat familiar with is for *printers*
(and printers only, AFAIK).

In your original mail you mentioned ESC S and ESC s commands.  In the
ESC/I protocol those commands are for get-command-parameters and
set-auto-area-segmentation, respectively.  This doesn't jive with what
you described so I doubt those backends will be of any use.

Do your logs include ESC f, ESC G and/or FS F, FS G (status and start
scan commands)?  If not, then these backends definitely aren't what
you're looking for.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962