[sane-devel] ScanImage -L fails as user

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:34:49 UTC 2012

You will have to adjust the device permissions, using something like
udev, or hal. Unfortunately, the mechanism seems to change frequently
with linux distros, so I cannot be more specific. You can look in the
sane-backends package that came with the distro, and see what sort of
files it installs.

allan