[sane-devel] Canon LiDe 210 Genesys backend gone wrong

Jay Christnach jay.christnach at gmx.net
Wed Jun 13 15:09:53 UTC 2012

My scanner has been working like a charm for a rather long time. I've
been using Ubuntu and did the manipulations required to get it working
when the newer backend was not yet in the distribution. Later the
backend which included support for the LiDe 210 became available in the
distribution. But eventually the scanner stopped working probably
because sane got updated.

I also recently switched to xubuntu. But that's not of interest to you.
At some time the scanner worked on the laptop and not on my desktop. I
also tested the hardware to be ok in a virtaul machine running windows.
There it works