[sane-devel] New backend kodakaio for kodak AiO devices - adding tosane-backends

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Thu Jun 21 21:26:21 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-21 23:07, Paul Newall wrote:
> kodakaio was based on magicolor. I have made the minimum changes to
> get it to work. That's why so many references to magicolor remain. I'm
> not sure what the right approach is? If I have a function that is
> identical to the function in magicolor, it might be good for it to
> have the same name?
> I guess if I have changed a function, it ought to have a new name.
> The kodakaio scanners have nothing significant in common with the
> magicolor scanners.

When I wrote the magicolor backend, I took the epson2 backend and did a
huge search-and-replace to get rid of everything epson-specific and
instead use magicolor-specific names (e.g. *_mc_* etc.)

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, reinhold at kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
  * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
  * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886