[sane-devel] SANE in LSB 5.0

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Mon Mar 5 16:51:26 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I work for Epson (in the US).  Epson Japan has requested that I champion
the integration of SANE into LSB 5.0.

SANE integration in the LSB has been started before; but I hoping to see
it through to completion this time.

I have already started a dialog with the LSB 5.0 team and I have
reviewed the existing SANE material; however, I would like to get any
comments, suggestion and help from the members of this mailing list
since you have a greater involvement.

As I see it, the part of SANE that would become part of the LSB is
basically the SANE library and APIs associated with the dll.c, etc code.

While there is a lot of vendor instantiated libraries for SANE-Backends
and some related to SANE-Frontends; they would not become part of LSB
5.0 unless you can identify generic (non-vendor specific) API for the
backend/frontend that need to be included in the LSB.

As I go forward the LSB integration process, I will make every attempt
to keep this group (mail-list) informed.

Glen