[sane-devel] Identifying identical scanners dynamically turned on and off

Martin Zackrisson martin.zackrisson at cmb.gu.se
Thu Mar 22 11:37:23 UTC 2012

It is a modified version of the epson2-backend (don't know if the patch
of last fall has made its way into the main dist).
The OS is Ubuntu, the latest I think or the latest long-term (not
sitting close to that computer at present).
My first thought was to look for the serial too, and unfortunately
fujitsu don't have any scanner that fits our needs (A4 TPU + many more
things), so they all have to be Epson v700. Reading its "Programming
Guide. Rev. C" it seems to agree with you - that the best it can do is
to send its 'Product Name' and 'ROM Version'.
I suppose it must be question of learning the inner workings of udev then?