[sane-devel] Testing for Canon PIXMA MX320

Wan Yu wanyusg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 04:16:53 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I just tested my printer Canon PIXMA MX320 with DD-WRT (build 18740) on my
router ASUS N13U/B.
I install the SANE in the USB harddisk. The harddisk is mounted at
/opt. The router has only 1 USB port, so I use a USB HUB (with power
supply) to connect the harddisk and the scanner to the router.

In the testing, the backend can detect the scanner and can start scanning.
However after the scanning completed, the scanned image can't be
transferred back to my laptop and the scanner hangs there.
Please let me know what other kind of testing I can do. Thanks!

Below is the testing result from telnet through putty wirelessly:

root at MyRouter:/opt/etc# vi /opt/etc/xinetd.d/saned
service saned
{
type = UNLISTED
port = 6566
socket_type = stream
server = /opt/sbin/saned
protocol = tcp
user = root
group = root
wait = no
disable = no
}

root at MyRouter:/opt/etc# which scanimage
/opt/bin/scanimage

root at MyRouter:/opt/etc# sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1736 [MX320 series]) at
libusb:001:010
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
root at MyRouter:/opt/etc# scanimage -L
device `pixma:04A91736_4059DD' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MX320 multi-function
peripheral
root at MyRouter:/opt/etc# scanimage -T
scanimage: scanning image of size 638x877 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame, 8 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 1914 bytes...  FAIL Error: Error during
device I/O

--
Best Regards,
Wan Yu