[sane-devel] Genius CP delivers only a grey page - where is my mistake?

Hubert Schweinesbein hs at mfr.de
Thu Mar 29 07:20:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I try get a Genius CP-SF600 running on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop

It seems I got the firmware upload up and running.
Firmwarefile: cism603.usb

If I run scanimage
-------------------------------SNIP------------------------
scanimage -d gt68xx:libusb:005:006 -v --format=tiff >image.tiff
[gt68xx] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
[gt68xx]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
[gt68xx]          report any failure/success to
[gt68xx]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as many
[gt68xx]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[gt68xx]          scanner and what does (not) work.
scanimage: scanning image of size 2575x3531 pixels at 8 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring gray frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 129/133
scanimage: read 9092325 bytes in total

Scanning starts and a page is scanned.

But the result is only a grey page.

Where can I configure to get the image scanned and not only a grey page?

Thanks
Hubert