[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3690 not recognized

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon May 14 18:46:47 UTC 2012

Le 14/05/2012 10:45, Simon Matter a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> When I connect the scanner and turn it on, I get the following response:
>>
>> $ dmesg | tail -6
>>
>> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
>> usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=03f0, idProduct=1405
>> usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=12
>> usb 4-1: Product: HP Scanjet Scanner
>> usb 4-1: Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
>> usb 4-1: SerialNumber: CN38DS24YS
> Are you sure it is supported by SANE? I found this:
> http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/hp-scanjet-3690.html
>
> Simon

     Hello,

     this scanner (based on the USB ID) is supported by the genesys
backend, including transparency adaptor since SANE 1.0.21. Maybe an
access permission problem ? Checking the installed genesys.conf and
dll.conf may also be worth.

     Another way to test is to do:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255