[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3690 not recognized

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu May 17 05:17:16 UTC 2012

Le 16/05/2012 03:28, Michael N. Steen a écrit :
>>       Hello,
>>
>>       this scanner (based on the USB ID) is supported by the genesys
>> backend, including transparency adaptor since SANE 1.0.21. Maybe an
>> access permission problem ? Checking the installed genesys.conf and
>> dll.conf may also be worth.
>>
>>       Another way to test is to do:
>> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
>> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
>> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
>> scanimage -L
>>
>> Regards,
>>       Stef
>>
> Thank you for the suggestions. Here is the result of my endeavours, as
> you'll see to no avail:
>
> # dmesg | tail -6
> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 11
> usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=03f0, idProduct=1405
> usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=12
> usb 4-1: Product: HP Scanjet Scanner
> usb 4-1: Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
> usb 4-1: SerialNumber: CN38DS24YS
>
> # export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
> # export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
> # export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
> # scanimage -L
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of genesys to 255.
> [genesys] SANE Genesys backend version 1.0 build 63 from sane-backends
> 1.0.22
> [genesys] SANE Genesys backend built with libusb
> [genesys] sane_init: authorize != null
> [genesys] sane_init: little endian machine
> [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: start
> [genesys] attach: start: devp != NULL, may_wait = 0
> [genesys] attach: trying to open device `libusb:004:011'
> [genesys] attach: couldn't open device `libusb:004:011': Invalid
> argument
> [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: exit
> [genesys] sane_init: exit
> [genesys] sane_get_devices: start: local_only = false
> [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: start
> [genesys] attach: start: devp != NULL, may_wait = 0
> [genesys] attach: trying to open device `libusb:004:011'
> [genesys] attach: couldn't open device `libusb:004:011': Invalid
> argument
> [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: exit
> [genesys] sane_get_devices: exit
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> [genesys] sane_exit: start
> [genesys] sane_exit: exit
>
> # sane-find-scanner
>
>    # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
>    # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
>    # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
>
>    # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
> sure that
>    # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

> [...]
     Hello,

     could you add :
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
     before running scanimage -L as root ? I have seen usb failing
sometimes on setting alternate endpoints. Which was solved by compiling
SANE with the old libusb (not libusb-1.0). With this debug level we
should have more information about it.

Regards,
     Stef