[sane-devel] canoscan lide 700f - calibration howto

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Nov 1 17:50:26 UTC 2012

On 27/10/2012 22:35, Paul K wrote:
> Hi,
> I just bought canoscan lide 700f.
>
> The scanned images are too dark (simple scan/xsane). under windows all is ok.
> I wonder where is the problem?
>
> I googled the internet and for me it looks like I should calibrate the scanner.
> Google tells me that I need to have something called  "it 8.7 target"
> and calibration software (lprof???).
>
> I have 2 questions?
> 1) am I going into good direction (all this seems to be too
> complicated), ie. do You calibrate Your scanners for scanning
> documents?
> 2) if calibration is nneded, how to do it in easier way?
>
> best regards,
> paul

     Hello,

     auto-calibration should give good enough results without the need
of an external target. Maybe auto-calibration has to be improved.

     Could you send me the debug log file and the various *.pnm files
produced by running the calibration with the following commands:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage --clear-calibration --preview --mode Color 1>calibrate.pnm
2>calibrate.log

Regards,
     Stef