[sane-devel] Problem with Button of HP ScanJet 6200C Scanner and scanbd

Thomas Boll thomas.alexander.boll at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:01:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am trying to get my button of a HP ScanJet 6200C to work under Debian.

I already posted a message on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scanbd/forums/forum/897647/topic/6066075
but got no reply.
On the scanbd page the SANE support is linked as page for support
questions. So this is my last chance to get any reply related to ma problem.

Follwing a copy of my Request on the scanbd SourceForge page:

2012-10-27 06:33:53 PDT
Hello everybody, I am stuck now while trying to get the button of my
scanner to work. So maybe anybody here can/is willing to help me with this.

What I have: Running Debian squeeze on a x86 thin client server
IP in my LAN: 192.168.100.10

What I did:

1. downloaded latest sources with: svn co
https://scanbd.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scanbd scanbd
2. compile it with: USE_SANE=yes make -e clean all
3. install it with: checkinstall -D make install

Some Outputs: |

root at server:/home/me# scanimage -L
device `hp:libusb:001:007' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 62x0C flatbed
scanner | |
root at server:/usr/local/etc/scanbd# scanbd -m -d 128
scanbd: debug on: level: 7
scanbd: Entering manager mode
scanbd: dbus signal saned-start
scanbd: dbus_init scanbd: dbus match
type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager'
scanbd: now sending signal saned_begin
scanbd: manager mode: dbus
scanbd: calling dbus method: aquire
scanbd: dbus_call_method
scanbd: waiting for reply
scanbd: forking subprocess for saned
scanbd: waiting for saned
scanbd: Setting environment: SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/scanbd
scanbd: saned exited with status: 0
scanbd: calling dbus method: release
scanbd: dbus_call_method scanbd: waiting for reply
scanbd: dbus signal saned-end
scanbd: now sending signal saned_end

|My Configuration files: /etc/saned/dll.conf |

net # hp |

/etc/saned/net.conf |

connect_timeout=10
# localhost |

/etc/saned/saned.conf |

# 192.168.100.0/24
# 192.168.100.10 |

/etc/inetd.conf

|sane-port stream tcp nowait saned.saned /usr/local/bin/scanbd scanbd -m
-c /usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf |

/usr/local/etc/scanbd/dll.conf |

net
# hp |

/usr/local/etc/scanbd/net.conf |

connect_timeout=10 localhost |

/usr/local/etc/scanbd/saned.conf |

192.168.100.0/24
192.168.100.10 |

The scanbd.conf is long and is unmodified by me.

If someone could point me into the right direction would be great.
I try for days now and this is going to drive me mad! Also tried
scanbuttond with no luck.

Thanks for reading.
me., thomas

Best Regards,