[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX890

Henry Ptasinski henry at logout.com
Wed Oct 3 03:31:16 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 10:22 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Henry Ptasinski <henry at logout.com> wrote:
>> With the latest sane-backends sources from the git repo, my MX890 is
>> partially functional.  Using scanimage to scan documents on the flatbed
>> works some of the time.  Some of the issues I'm seeing:
>
> Hi,
> Could you ensure that the pixma driver backend works properly for all
> resolutions and also ADF, by attaching via USB.
> If the backend is shown to work properly (some resolutions might need
> to be programmed specifically for this device), then after that it
> will be simpler to try and debug the network backend separately from
> the driver backend.
> If you read the pixma backend man page (man sane-pixma) there are
> instructions for seeing debug output.
> Regards,
> Gernot Hassenpflug

Over USB, I see plenty of issues.  Out of 6 scans
({75,300dpi}x{Color,Gray,Lineart}) using just the flatbed, I get errors
on 3 scans.  All of them are of the form:

[pixma] XML message sent to scanner:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><cmd
xmlns:ivec="http://www.canon.com/ns/cmd/2008/07/common/"><ivec:contents><ivec:operation>EndJob</ivec:operation><ivec:param_set
servicetype="scan"><ivec:jobID>00000001</ivec:jobID></ivec:param_set></ivec:contents></cmd>
[pixma] XML response back from scanner:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>^M
<cmd xmlns:ivec="http://www.canon.com/ns/cmd/2008/07/common/">^M
         <ivec:contents>^M
                 <ivec:operation>EndJobResponse</ivec:operation>^M
                 <ivec:param_set servicetype="scan">^M
                         <ivec:response>OK</ivec:response>^M
                         <ivec:response_detail/>^M
                         <ivec:jobID>00000001</ivec:jobID>^M
                 </ivec:param_set>^M
         </ivec:contents>^M
</cmd>
[pixma] pixma_read_image() failed ETIMEDOUT
[pixma] Reader task terminated: ETIMEDOUT
[pixma] read_image():reader task closed the pipe:0 bytes received,
26857248 bytes expected
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O
[pixma] pixma_close(): Canon PIXMA MX890 Series

I'll try to dig a little more in the mp150_scan() function, but let me
know if there's some specific chunk of code I should focus on.

Thanks,
---
Henry Ptasinski
henry at logout.com