[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX890

Henry Ptasinski henry at logout.com
Wed Oct 3 03:49:06 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 09:43 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Henry Ptasinski <henry at logout.com> wrote:
>> On 10/02/2012 10:22 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Henry Ptasinski <henry at logout.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Could you ensure that the pixma driver backend works properly for all
>>> resolutions and also ADF, by attaching via USB.
>
>> Over USB, I see plenty of issues.  Out of 6 scans
>> ({75,300dpi}x{Color,Gray,Lineart}) using just the flatbed, I get errors on 3
>> scans.  All of them are of the form:
>
> Can you set the debug to higher to see what the pixma commands being
> sent are?

What level would be appropriate, 21 or something else?

> Obviously the command set is in general correct, else you
> could not scan at all.
> Perhaps the scanner needs an exception set for a few more bytes in the
> command set. But that would only be know if we can get USB sniffs of
> Windows scans. So defer to later.
>
> First, which scans succeed, which fail?

There didn't seem to be a pattern of dpi and/or mode that failed, but of
the 6 scans I tried the 1st, 3rd, and 5th failed which seems noteworthy.
  I'm running the scans from a script with a 10 sec delay between each
scan.   I'll run some more and see if it's consistently every-other-scan
that's having trouble.

---
Henry Ptasinski
henry at logout.com