[sane-devel] Problem with developing a new backend for Plustek OpticPro ST28

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Oct 10 12:04:03 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 10:44, Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I have scanner and I think it is Plustek OpticPro ST28 (!). I am
> developing a new backend for it.
> My scanner using Genesys GL841 chip. First I append appropriate codes
> to backend/{genesys_low.c,genesys_devices.c} files, and append the
> "usb 0x07b3 0x0802" in the genesys.conf.in.
> I complied the SANE, but scanimage cannot find my scanner. (BTW, I
> also append the "usb 0x07b3 0x0802" in the
> /usr/local/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf)
> What should I do, now?
>
> Thanks

     Hello,

     I suppose you have to debug now. Have you tried to enable debug
messages ? See the sane-genesys man page for that.
     Adding device description to the genesys backend is the first step
to add a new scanner, but only the first one, unless this scanner is a
clone (or twin) of an already supported model. On what data are you
basing the changes your are making in the current backend source ?

Regards,
     Stef