[sane-devel] Listen =?

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Oct 11 23:33:00 UTC 2012

merc1984 at f-m.fm writes:

> I need to set saned to listen only on 127.0.0.1.  But I've searched far
> and wide and have not found any way to make it do this.  The Listen =
> 127.0.0.1 imperative in saned.conf doesn't work.
>
> Any way to do this?

Just make localhost the only entry in your /etc/sane.d/saned.conf.

BTW, a Listen directive is normally used to restrict the *ports* on
which a daemon listens, not the hosts that are allowed to connect.  To
restrict the ports, use the data_portrange option.  For details on the
configuration see the saned manual page.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962