[sane-devel] sane under windows XP / 7

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Wed Sep 5 14:23:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Matteo Gasparin <email.diversa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the 1.0.22 tarball downloaded from
> https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30186

You'll want to download the just released 1.0.23 or grab from git.  It
has several mingw32 bugfixes.

> For the environment variables, do I just need to set them and they will be
> picked by the dll?

yes.  See 'man sane-usb' and 'man sane-avision' for examples.

> Is the use of libdwi the only way to see the usb devices from Windows? Seems
> kind of a complicated and hackish way to get it work...

What is libdwi?  libusb-win32 is needed and I hear windows support has
been integrated into libusb-1.x library directory but requires minor
header file fixes in sane to use them.

Chris