[sane-devel] MP600R doesn't work

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Sat Sep 8 18:58:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 00:05 +0200, Frode V. Fjeld wrote:
> Louis Lagendijk <louis at fazant.net> writes:

> > Can you please make a debug trace at level 14 or higher. There may be
> > an issue with the scanner lookup. This will show if a match on the
> > model can be found. You may want to checkoup the latest git, as I made
> > the error that is reported somewhat clearer.
>
> Hi, here's a trace from the latest git version, against a freshly booted
> scanner. I didn't really notice any different behavior, unfortunately. I
> was going to try with a wired connection too, but apparently
> reconfiguring the LAN settings on this thing is semi-impossible. (Do I
> really need a windows machine and USB connection to do it??)

This issue should now be fixed. It took me a while as I ended up
rewriting the relevant code (it was messy as I had to work around some
silly restrictions in the protocol implementation of the scanner). There
are apparently some differences in the implementations of the bjnp
protocol as I have never see a case on my scanners (MP970 and now MP980)
where this bug was triggered.
Please try the code from GIT

Kind regards, Louis