[sane-devel] Reflecta ProScan / Crystalscan 7200 PIE film scanner update

Klaus Kaempf kkaempf at suse.de
Sun Sep 16 18:46:05 UTC 2012

* Michael Rickmann <mrickma at gwdg.de> [Sep 14. 2012 08:52]:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Am 13.09.2012 14:49, schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
> >
> >After git checkout, you should run (documented here for sane-devel)
> >
> >  - libtoolize
> >  - autoreconf -fi
> >  - BACKENDS=pie ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
> >    --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-libusb_1_0 \
> >    --disable-static
> >    (--libdir is for a 64bit system, change it to /usr/lib for 32bit)
> >
> >You probably missed the libtoolize part.
> That helped, thank you. I have attached a patch against your git
> which helps to build Jan's backend.

Thanks. After some more modifications
(https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends/commit/038e4244dd7b90d6272786bd2a99bd224545b877)
and adding the device parameters
(https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends/commit/f70649ce5a6ead92c99300e9d9b632eeed44e32a)
the 'reflecta' backend recognizes the scanner.

However, it stalls pretty quickly when being run and I had to
power-cycle the device :-/

Regards,

Klaus
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany