[sane-devel] Canon Mx 700 - Scanbuttons

Nelson haha at mehr4u.de
Tue Sep 25 17:54:17 UTC 2012

>> On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 20:22 +0200, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
>>
>>> hello Nelson/ list,
>>> I finally managed to find some time to work on the bjnp button scan
>>> support for the pixma backend. I got it working, although I am not
>>> really sure that it does not contain faults in some corner cases. As we
>>> are pretty close to the 1.0.23 release of sane, I will not yet commit
>>> the changes to git. It took me quite a while to figure out how the
>>> protocol works, so it has taken quite some time before I got something
>>> working.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you are in a hurry to test before the 1.0.23
>>> release is done. If so, I can mail you a patch to apply on top of the
>>> current git. I have only tested this with xsane, as I did not have time
>>> to setup scanbd, sorry. It anyhow looks as if sane and printing (bjnp
>>> backend for cups) can access the device at the same time: I could print
>>> a page while xsane was waiting for a button to be pressed. When the
>>> printjob was done, I was able to press the scan button again.
>>>
>>> Louis
>>> P.s. I will push my changes to git as soon as 1.0.23 is released
>>
>> As I was working on the scan button support, I found out that my
>> multi-function (MP980) does support IPv6 (I completely forgot). So I
>> have added IPv6 support for the pixma backend. The changes for button
>> support and IPv6 are now in git. Please test
>> Kind regards, Louis
>>

>> --
>
> Hey Louis,
> very good job. My scanner works now by using the buttons.

Hey Louis,
by using sane-backend(last git) with comandline, my scanner works with the buttons. E.g. scanimage buttoncontrolled=yes ....

But scanbd can't read the buttonstatus. It's a bug or not implemented? All the options are available, but scanbd shows no action by using the buttons.

Kind regards?
Nelson