[sane-devel] Xsane Length unit under View menu

Ganapati Hegde ganapati.hegde at celstream.com
Thu Sep 27 06:17:44 UTC 2012

Hi Oliver,

For new backend , we are trying to change Length unit Option in View
menu to inch or centimeter.
Geometry Feature displays TL_X [in], though  option values[tl-x- etc]
are not converted to inches or centimeters based on Length Unit
selection as shown in Screenshot.  Value being displayed in geometry
option (tl_x,etc) is in mm only.
[TL_X -etc ] Units are in SANE_UNIT_MM  and using xsane as frontend.
Weather unit conversion will be handled by XSane or do we have to handle
in backend ?

Regards
Ganapati Hegde

Sounds like a bug in XSane. I would suggest you contact it's author
and see if he has a suggestion, or perhaps an updated version.

allan

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Ganapati Hegde
<ganapati.hegde at celstream.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> For new backend , we are trying to change Length unit Option in View
> menu to inch or centimeter.
> Geometry Feature displays TL_X [in], though  option values[tl-x- etc]
> are not converted to inches or centimeters based on Length Unit
> selection as shown in Screenshot.  Value being displayed in geometry
> options (tl_x,etc) is in mm only.
> [TL_X -etc ] Units are in SANE_UNIT_MM  and using xsane as frontend.
> Can anyone tell us how to convert based on Length unit selection ?
>
> Regards
> Ganapati Hegde

SANE.

______
>  DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and any attachments to this
electronic
>  message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named
herein
>  and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. It
is the
>  property  of  Celstream Technologies Private Limited.  If you are
not the
>  intended recipient, you are hereby strictly notified not to copy,
forward,
>  distribute  or use this message or any  attachments thereto.   If you
have
>  received this message in error,  please delete it  and all copies
thereof,
>  from your  system  and  notify the   sender at   Celstream
Technologies or