[sane-devel] scanner suggestion

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 01:44:42 UTC 2013

If you are willing to forgo the flatbed, the Fujitsu fi-6130Z fits the
bill. It's a very good scanner with complete support from SANE by yours
truly. Selectable background color, an excellent anti-jam system,
ultrasonic multifeed detection, etc.

You can find it for a lower price if you shop around.  If you want to save
some money, a used scanner (or its predecessor, the fi-6130) can often be
found on ebay. A used scanner would also allow you to move up to the
flatbed-enabled fi-6230.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did some contract work for Fujitsu in
the past, where they paid me to improve SANE support for their scanners.

allan