[sane-devel] backend for printer + scanner device

neno nenonv at alice.it
Thu Apr 11 14:36:35 UTC 2013

We are trying to create a backend for a printer device with scanner.
Our problem is that the device has only one interface wich is the printer
(lsusb ... binterfaceClass Printer = 7).
In the file backend.conf we wrote: USB VendorID ProductID.
The function 'sanei_usb_init' of sanei_usb.c called within the backend's
sane_init (...),
finds the device but does not recognize it as a scanner for the reason
above.

 switch (dev->config[0].interface[interface].altsetting[0].bInterfaceClass)
 {
     case USB_CLASS_VENDOR_SPEC:
     case USB_CLASS_PER_INTERFACE:
     case 6:	/* imaging? */
     case 16:	/* data? */
         found = SANE_TRUE;
     break;
}
break;

There is obviously no case 7:

Is there anybody who faces the same problem? Is there any workaround? How
can we solve this problem?

Thank you