[sane-devel] HP N6350

Random Quip Generator pseubodot at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 21:09:01 UTC 2013

This is a similar model to mine ('[#313955] HP Scanjet N8460 (with
ADF)'), and when I look up his model on the HP web site, I see pointers
to the N8460 scanner as well.

I would definitely concur with Wouter's fecal characterization of the
available Windows scanner software. Even XP's own scanner program beats
the HP one, which I assure you is faint praise indeed.

I took mine apart and found an Avision C7C chip (it's in the bug report,
with links to pics of the board).

There were no results for either 'N6350' or 'N8460' on the
hplipopensource.com site search function.

I tried running 'hp-check' per m. allan, and the program reports that
everything seems to be set up properly (on my Ubuntu 12.04.2 64 bit), but:

* 'No scanners were identified', and
* Under 'USB I/O SETUP' it does find the device, but reports 'error:
Unsupported model: HP_Scanjet_N8400'

I suspect that hplip will not work with Wouter's device either, but I'll
look forward to seeing what he finds.

Best, -- p