[sane-devel] Trying to scan images from a magazine

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Apr 17 13:26:00 UTC 2013

Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:05:39 +0300 було написано Javier Garcia
<tirengarfio at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have scanned one image from a magazine and I got this result:
> http://postimg.org/image/td4rnf2tt/
>
> As you can see the images are not well defined, what should I do?
>
> Regards
>
> Javi

Hi,

1. You can try to calibrate your scanner to remove this non-photo blue
during scanning.

2. You can low down the saturation of blue channel and increase contrast
in your scanning software.

3. You can use batch post-processing with ImageMagick or its frontends
like digiKam.

4. If the results should be monochrome images, use Scan Tailor to get rid
of artifacts during post-processing.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri