[sane-devel] Pulstek OpticBook 3800

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Apr 24 05:05:19 UTC 2013

On 23/04/2013 10:23, Nikolay Shaplov wrote:
>>       the first step is to find the exact ASIC used in your scanner. Can
>> you post an USB log of a preview done with the windows driver ?
> http://lj.shaplov.ru/2013/UsbSnoop.log.gz
> http://lj.shaplov.ru/2013/UsbSnoop.parsed.log.gz  (parsed with usbsnoop-
> gl847.pl as I found in this mail list)
>
> This log is sniffed right from the point of when scanner were turned on.
>
>> And also the result of lsusb -v ?
> lsusb.log in attach
>
>> Is there a chance you can IC through the glass when the scanning head is
>> moving ?
> IC is for microchip? Then there are
>
> 27ANG9K G4 \n ACT 04
>
> and
>
> UTC \n 78D  05L \n 01 PGT0
>
> The first one has about 14 legs, the second one only two.
>
> There are two chips with first sign  and two chips with second sign on the
> board that attached to the head.
>
>>       Then adding this scanner will be like you started it, but you'll
>> also have to add specific entries for sensor, motor and gpio which
>> change from device to device. The needed values will have to be deduced
>> from USB logs.
> I've already started to view USB log and found matches with GL646 spec, but I
> am still not really good with it, and also I still do not understand how does
> such simple operations, as writing some bits into LAMPPWM (for example) from
> USB log corresponds with the code from genesys_gl847.c
>

>> The code path will had to be modified for the new defines.
>>       BTW there is no CCD sensor support currently in gl847 code, only
>> CIS sensors are handled. That would need to be changed firt.
> What is CCD and CIS? :-)

     Hello,

     to my knowledge, regarding bdcDevice, we currently have:

GL843 devices bcdDevice 5.00
GL846 devices bcdDevice 6.01
GL847 devices bcdDevice 6.03
GL124 devices bcdDevice 7.01

     So the the 6.05 value you have is a hint that your scanner doesn't
use a supported genesys ASIC, probably a GL848 or GL123. By comparing
the datasheet of these ASIC, you'll find register that aren't shared,
and if you find the use of such registers in log, you'll be able to
identify the ASIc used.
     Or find a 38x26 pins IC, labeled xxxx GLnnn, where nnn will be the
ASIC version.

Regards,
     Stef