[sane-devel] troubleshooting Xerox WC3220 network scanning

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 19:13:02 UTC 2013

saned is used on a server machine with an attached scanner, so that
clients on the network can connect to the server and use the
non-networked scanner. If your scanner has its own network connection,
saned will be of no help.

the development version of the sane xerox_mfp backend lists support
for 4 networked scanners. Your scanner is not one of those 4. So, the
place to start is to connect the scanner directly to a machine running
a recent version of sane-backends, and see if you can make it work
over usb?

allan