[sane-devel] fixing make distcheck (was Re: Time to set up SANE's release plan ?)

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Aug 19 00:52:54 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

Chris Bagwell writes:

> Also, I'd like to get "make distcheck" working before next release if
> possible.  Some of the new testsuite work is failing when "distcheck" runs
> the "check" target.  I may be able to help debug that deeper at later
> date.  For now, here is what I found.
>
> sanei_config_test is failing because its looking for a config file relative
> to current directory but that doesn't work when you build and run from a
> directory different from source.  We somehow need to pass $srcdir during
> compiling and have it prepend that to config filename instead of looking in
> "./data".

The automake generated check target sets the srcdir environment variable
for each test program that gets run.  Rather than compile it in, I'd say
you modify sanei_config_test() to look for its value with getenv() and
prepend that to the config filename instead.

Note, you can further modify the test environment via TESTS_ENV.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962