[sane-devel] scanbd with old udev version

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 20:03:05 UTC 2013

2013/8/22 Wilhelm <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de>

> Am 22.08.2013 08:58, schrieb Sander Devrieze:
>

> <snip>
>>

> This is the current status:
>> 1) saned not running + scanbd not running + scanimage -L --> scanner found
>>

> this is not intended to work: scanimage should use the net backend and if
> saned isn't running it shouldn't work
>

>  2) saned not running + scanbd running + manually running scanbm --> the
>> logs show scanbd is interrupted for a short moment
>>

> ok
>

>  3) saned not running + scanbd running + scanimage -L --> scanner *not*
>> found
>>
>> Why is case #3 not working?
>>

> Presumably, scanimage is using the wrong dll.conf.

I got a bit further this evening:

1) saned not running + /usr/local/sbin/scanbm & sleep 1 &&
SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/scanbd/ scanimage -L --> found
2) saned not running +/usr/local/sbin/scanbm & sleep 1 && scanimage -L -->
not found
3) saned running + scanimage -L --> not found
4) saned running + SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/scanbd/ scanimage -L -->
found

What to try next?

Please note I also still getting this error as in the beginning:

libudev: udev_monitor_enable_receiving: bind failed: Operation not permitted
/usr/local/sbin/scanbd: Can't enable udev receiving
/usr/local/sbin/scanbd: Can't init udev