[sane-devel] scanbd with old udev version

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 13:55:05 UTC 2013

2013/8/22 Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze at gmail.com>

> <snip>
> I got a bit further this evening:
>
> 1) saned not running + /usr/local/sbin/scanbm & sleep 1 &&
> SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/scanbd/ scanimage -L --> found
> 2) saned not running +/usr/local/sbin/scanbm & sleep 1 && scanimage -L -->
> not found
> 3) saned running + scanimage -L --> not found
> 4) saned running + SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/scanbd/ scanimage -L -->
> found
>
> What to try next?
>
> Please note I also still getting this error as in the beginning:
>
> libudev: udev_monitor_enable_receiving: bind failed: Operation not
> permitted
> /usr/local/sbin/scanbd: Can't enable udev receiving
> /usr/local/sbin/scanbd: Can't init udev

Ok, I got everything working as it should. It came out the permissions in
/usr/local/etc/scanbd/saned.conf had to be fixed. Maybe some note can be
added to the documentation?

In attachment you can find my action script which is based on some GPL
script I found. Same license applies. For sending the emails, I suggest
installing ssmtp if you do not want to setup your own mailserver.