[sane-devel] Current status of Pulstek 3800 on git

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Thu Dec 5 13:58:16 UTC 2013

I've built current git version and try it with my Pulstek Opticbook 3800.

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL846=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage -d genesys --resolution 75 --preview --mode Color 2>preview.log
>preview.pnm

What does it do:

1. Turn lamp off (It is on by default after turning it on)
2. Turn lamp off
3. Move caret a little bit (just several mm) from right to left
4. Make a strange sound
5. Pause longer than usual
6. move caret back, turn lamp off

between each action there is notable pause.

In the attachment there is a debug log from genesis backend, taken while
scanning.

PS please make me know when you do some changes considering 3800. It will make
me do test much more often :-)